HTML5 and Silverlight (It’s been a long summer)
And of course Microsoft has been pretty silent on all this. The BUILD conference is coming up in about 2 weeks, but we’ve been waiting all summer, and it’s quite fun to practice Kremlinology anyway, right?
There seem to be several main theories on Microsoft’s plans:
- .NET and Silverlight will continue to exist, but they are going to be lesser stars in the MS galaxy.
- .NET and XAML are at the heart of Windows 8 and something called Project Jupiter. They’ll get to play on an even field with C++ at last.
- The future of the web is HTML5
- SharePoint is big, and it’s going to the cloud with Office 365
- Office 15 is on the way and SharePoint is the nerve center of Office